Following the GRAMMY(TM) winning success of ‘Raising Sand’ (The single “Gone Gone Gone” won Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals), Robert Plant and Alison Krauss embarked on a worldwide tour, playing to sold-out audiences nearly every night. Topping many critics’ ‘Best of the Year’ lists for 2007, the duo kept up the momentum, playing shows that were hailed as “pure genius” (Tennessean) and “exquisite” (NY Daily News), making 2008 an exceptional year.
Already platinum, the album’s strong sales continue apace and just last week ‘Raising Sand’ notched the “Greatest Gainer” and “Pacesetter” positions on Billboard’s Top 200 and Top Country albums charts.
Recent Highlights Include:
* An exclusive sit down interview with Katie Couric that aired on CBS Sunday Morning in October.
* The artists took home honors for “Album of the Year” and “Duo/Group of the Year” at the Americana Music Awards.
* Plant and Krauss’ ‘Raising Sand’ tour received praise across the board: “Their wide-ranging, two-hour concert here was nothing short of spellbinding.” (Washington Post)
* They are nominated for “Musical Event of the Year” by the Country Music Association and were nominated for the Mercury Prize’s “Short List.”
* The single “Gone, Gone, Gone” - the only song eligible in 2008 — won a GRAMMY(TM) for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals.
Posted in a2008 |